Pearson and Dow Jones sell stakes in Russian newspaper Vedomosti

Sale marks end of an era for former FT owner as it exits newspaper publishing business after selling its stake to Russian entrepreneur Pearson, which recently agreed to offload the Financial Times, and the publisher of the Wall Street Journal have sold off their stakes in Russian business newspaper Vedomosti.For Pearson the sale represents its final move out of newspaper publishing, having already sold its 50% stake in the Economist and just weeks from completing a deal for Nikkei to takeover the FT, although it still owns a minority stake in book publisher Penguin Random House. Continue reading... Continue reading at 'The Guardian'

[ The Guardian | 2015-11-20 00:00:00 UTC ]
News tagged with: #newspaper publishing #minority stake #50% stake #ft owner

Other Publishing stories related to: 'Pearson and Dow Jones sell stakes in Russian newspaper Vedomosti'


Pearson and Dow Jones sell stakes in Russian newspaper

Pearson and Dow Jones have agreed to sell their stakes in Russian newspaper Vedomosti, before legislation restricting foreign ownership in Russia comes into force in the New Year. Continue reading at The Bookseller

[ The Bookseller | 2015-11-21 00:00:00 UTC ]
More news stories like this | News stories tagged with: #dow jones


Pearson sells remaining stake in PRH, Fallon to depart

Pearson is selling its remaining 25% stake in Penguin Random House to Bertelsmann, as its c.e.o. John Fallon prepares to retire next year.  Continue reading at The Bookseller

[ The Bookseller | 2019-12-18 01:20:40 UTC ]
More news stories like this | News stories tagged with: #pearson #penguin random house


Pearson sells 22% stake in Penguin Random House

Shares in the publishing firm rise after it says the sale will raise about $1bn (£776m). Continue reading at BBC News

[ BBC News | 2017-07-11 00:00:00 UTC ]
More news stories like this |


Pearson to sell 22% stake in Penguin Random House

Pearson has agreed to sell 22% of its stake in Penguin Random House (PRH) to co-shareholder Bertelsmann, valuing the publisher at $3.55bn (£2.76bn). The deal means Bertelsmann will increase its control over the publisher, owning a 75% stake, while Pearson will own the remaining 25%. The deal is... Continue reading at The Bookseller

[ The Bookseller | 2017-07-11 00:00:00 UTC ]
More news stories like this | News stories tagged with: #markus dohle


Pearson to sell its stake in Penguin Random House

Pearson intends to sell its 47% stake in Penguin Random House and will be issuing an "exit notice" to its joint venture partner Bertelsmann, which holds a majority 53% stake in the group. Bertelsmann has responded by saying it is "open" to increasing its share in the world’s biggest trade... Continue reading at The Bookseller

[ The Bookseller | 2017-01-18 00:00:00 UTC ]
More news stories like this | News stories tagged with: #financial terms #47% stake


Pearson to Sell Stake in Penguin Random House

Faced with worse-than-expected results in its North American higher education publishing business, Pearson said this morning that it is putting its 47% stake in Penguin Random House up for sale. Continue reading at Publishers Weekly

[ Publishers Weekly | 2017-01-18 00:00:00 UTC ]
More news stories like this | News stories tagged with: #47% stake


Pearson will not sell PRH stake until 2017

Pearson is to keep its stake in Penguin Random House until at least 2017, its c.e.o. John Fallon has said. The company owns 47% of the publishing company, with the other 53% owned by Bertelsmann. In an interview with Bloomberg TV Fallon said it was “unlikely” that Pearson would exercise its... Continue reading at The Bookseller

[ The Bookseller | 2015-09-15 00:00:00 UTC ]
More news stories like this | News stories tagged with: #publishing company #john fallon


Pearson sells Economist Group stake for £469m

Existing shareholder Exor increases its holding from 4.7% to 43.4% to become the largest single shareholder in the publishing groupPearson has sold its 50% stake in the Economist Group, publisher of the Economist newspaper, to existing shareholders for £469m in cash.The deal, a fait accompli... Continue reading at The Guardian

[ The Guardian | 2015-08-12 00:00:00 UTC ]
More news stories like this | News stories tagged with: #major change #economist group #50% stake


Pearson sells Economist Group stake

Publishing group Pearson says it has agreed to sell its 50% stake in the Economist Group for £469m. Continue reading at BBC News

[ BBC News | 2015-08-12 00:00:00 UTC ]
More news stories like this | News stories tagged with: #economist group #50% stake


Pearson to sell Economist stake

Publishing company Pearson is to sell its 50% stake in the Economist Group, days after announcing the sale of the Financial Times. Continue reading at BBC News

[ BBC News | 2015-07-26 00:00:00 UTC ]
More news stories like this | News stories tagged with: #economist group #50% stake


Pearson to sell its 50% stake in FTSE International

Pearson, the publisher of the Financial Times, is to sell its 50% stake in FTSE International to the London Stock Exchange for £450m, as it looks to focus on business news and analysis, and away from data. Continue reading at Media Week

[ Media Week | 2011-12-12 00:00:00 UTC ]
More news stories like this | News stories tagged with: #ftse international #50% stake


Pearson sells stake in FTSE

Penguin parent company Pearson has sold its 50% stake in FTSE International to the London... Continue reading at The Bookseller

[ The Bookseller | 2011-12-12 00:00:00 UTC ]
More news stories like this | News stories tagged with: #50% stake #ftse international


Pearson plans to sell its textbooks as NFTs

Educational publisher’s move into non-fungible tokens is intended to claw back some of the income lost to secondhand salesTextbook publisher Pearson plans to profit from secondhand sales by turning its titles into non-fungible tokens (NFTs), its chief executive has said.Educational books are... Continue reading at The Guardian

[ The Guardian | 2022-08-02 15:37:17 UTC ]
More news stories like this | News stories tagged with: #pearson #educational books #non-fungible tokens #educational publisher #pearson plans #digital textbooks


Russian plane grounded at Pearson airport racks up massive parking bill

A Russian cargo plane stranded at Toronto Pearson International Airport is racking up parking fees of more than $1,000 per day. Continue reading at CBC

[ CBC | 2022-06-02 18:22:24 UTC ]
More news stories like this | News stories tagged with: #pearson


The Raven Book Store Owner Sells Large Stake in Store to Seven Employees

Danny Caine, the owner of the Raven Book Store in Lawrence, Kans., has sold a 49% stake in the 35-year-old bookstore to a group of seven employees. Continue reading at Publishers Weekly

[ Publishers Weekly | 2022-01-04 05:00:00 UTC ]
More news stories like this | News stories tagged with: #book store #bookstore #danny caine


News Corp Appoints Almar Latour as CEO of Dow Jones, Publisher of The Wall Street Journal

News Corp announced today the appointment of Almar Latour as the new Chief Executive Officer of Dow Jones and Publisher Continue reading at Editor & Publisher

[ Editor & Publisher | 2020-05-05 16:57:28 UTC ]
More news stories like this | News stories tagged with: #news corp


Pearson Earned £65 Million In Profits from Its PRH Stake in 2019

Pearson’s 25% stake in Penguin Random House earned the company £65 million in operating profit in 2019. Pearson has sold its 25% share of PRH to Bertelsmann in a deal expected to generated net proceeds of $675 million when the transaction closes. Continue reading at Publishers Weekly

[ Publishers Weekly | 2020-02-21 05:00:00 UTC ]
More news stories like this | News stories tagged with: #penguin random house #pearson #bertelsmann


Pearson Sells Last 25% of PRH to Bertelsmann

U.K.-based publisher Pearson is selling its last shares in Penguin Random House, representing 25% ownership of the company, to Germany's Bertelsmann, which will now have 100% ownership of the company. Continue reading at Publishers Weekly

[ Publishers Weekly | 2019-12-18 05:00:00 UTC ]
More news stories like this | News stories tagged with: #pearson


Philip Jones to interview Libro.fm's Mark Pearson at FBF

Editor of The Bookseller Philip Jones will interview former indie publisher turned audiobook pioneer Mark Pearson at the Frankfurt Book Fair, ahead of the announcement of the shortlists for this year’s FutureBook Awards. Continue reading at The Bookseller

[ The Bookseller | 2019-10-16 14:44:34 UTC ]
More news stories like this | News stories tagged with: #pearson #indie publisher #audiobook #futurebook awards #philip jones